Friday, May 27, 2011

Follow My Blog Friday - 5/27/11

Happy Friday everyone! The Follow My Book Blog and Blog Hop Friday hosted by Parajunkee's View and Crazy For Books
Currently, I am giving away a copy of Falling Under by Gwen Hayes. Click here to enter.

The first question is: How many books do you read in a week? And in what format do you read them, or listen to them?
I’m not a very fast reader and finish an average of two books a week, usually one bound book and another on my ereader. I wish I read faster because my TBR pile is stacking up, both in electronically and on my bookshelf.

The second question is: What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked?  Which have you disliked?
My favorite book-to-movie adaptation is Pride & Prejudice (the version with Keira Knightly). Yes, yes, I know it’s different from the book and many Jane Austen purists hate it but it just works for me and I have watched it on DVD more times than I can count. The miniseries version with Colin Firth is really good too, but longer. If I need a quick P&P fix, I just watch the movie. Which book-to-movie have I disliked? The one that immediately comes to mind is Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Awesome book, disappointing movie.

12 comments:

Howard Sherman said...

Let’s kick off Memorial Day Weekend with some scandal and controversy.

I absolutely loved every minute of the Lord of the Rings films and felt they hit the mark when they brought Tolkien’s masterpiece to the big screen.
(ducking as rotten tomatoes are thrown at me as the torches are lit and the pitchforks raised)

Wait, wait. I can explain! Hop on over to my blog and hear me out – http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
http://www.howardsherman.net

Hannah Mariska said...

over here in the uk, they did a tv series of Pride and Prejudice. It was so good. But then its a great story!

Happy blog hopping!

Tiffany said...

I also love the Pride & Prejudice movie with Keira Knightly, it's one of my fave movies :)

I'm a new follower btw.

Tiffany
http://tiffanyreads.blogspot.com/

karen! said...

While I tend to hate adaptations, I'm usually OK with the Jane Austen movies (movies not that horrid Pride, Prejudice & Zombies book). While the Keira Knightly one isn't my favorite P&P adaptation, I do love how the movie is shot. The proposal scene - wonderful!

Happy Friday!
I'm following you now.

fakesteph said...

I think PJ is the most popular answer I've seen for disliking a book to movie adaptation. I think what really gets me is that it wasn't just a bad adaptation, but a terrible movie.

Dana Alma said...

Hey T.B., just stopping by on the follow & hop
I have issues with books made into movies!
Come see why!
Have a terrific weekend reading !!!
See ya!
Dana
Readaholics Anonymous

Delphyne said...

I just got Percy Jackson in from Netflix. Uh-oh. :)

Jennifer | Book Den

Lieder Madchen said...

I love the Pride and Prejudice adaptations (both mini-series and movie).
I haven't read Percy Jackson but I agree that the movie was awful. I have been avoiding the books because of it, but maybe I should give them a try...

here is my FF/BBH link: http://liedermadchen.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday-2-and-book-blogger-hop-2.html

Book Savvy Babe said...

Happy FF! What kind of e-reader do you have? I have a kindle and I love it! My follow friday post is over at my blog (i’m already a follower)
Book Savvy Babe

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I Love the P&P movie! Great choice.

Amy said...

Yeah i hated the Percy Jackson movie, the only part i could watch was the Steve Coogan bit.

Liking the blog.

Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

http://amysadumbrations.blogspot.com/

razlich said...

I offer to your attention a film about six priorities of the generalized instruments of management by countries and people of Earth.
Six Principles of Global Manipulation
Anti-Qur'an Strategy of the Bible Project Wheeler-Dealers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...