Friday, May 27, 2011

Follow My Blog Friday - 5/27/11

Happy Friday everyone! The Follow My Book Blog and Blog Hop Friday hosted by Parajunkee's View and Crazy For Books
Currently, I am giving away a copy of Falling Under by Gwen Hayes. Click here to enter.

The first question is: How many books do you read in a week? And in what format do you read them, or listen to them?
I’m not a very fast reader and finish an average of two books a week, usually one bound book and another on my ereader. I wish I read faster because my TBR pile is stacking up, both in electronically and on my bookshelf.

The second question is: What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked?  Which have you disliked?
My favorite book-to-movie adaptation is Pride & Prejudice (the version with Keira Knightly). Yes, yes, I know it’s different from the book and many Jane Austen purists hate it but it just works for me and I have watched it on DVD more times than I can count. The miniseries version with Colin Firth is really good too, but longer. If I need a quick P&P fix, I just watch the movie. Which book-to-movie have I disliked? The one that immediately comes to mind is Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Awesome book, disappointing movie.

10 comments:

Hannah Mariska said...

over here in the uk, they did a tv series of Pride and Prejudice. It was so good. But then its a great story!

Happy blog hopping!

Tiffany said...

I also love the Pride & Prejudice movie with Keira Knightly, it's one of my fave movies :)

I'm a new follower btw.

Tiffany
http://tiffanyreads.blogspot.com/

karen! said...

While I tend to hate adaptations, I'm usually OK with the Jane Austen movies (movies not that horrid Pride, Prejudice & Zombies book). While the Keira Knightly one isn't my favorite P&P adaptation, I do love how the movie is shot. The proposal scene - wonderful!

Happy Friday!
I'm following you now.

fakesteph said...

I think PJ is the most popular answer I've seen for disliking a book to movie adaptation. I think what really gets me is that it wasn't just a bad adaptation, but a terrible movie.

Readaholics said...

Hey T.B., just stopping by on the follow & hop
I have issues with books made into movies!
Come see why!
Have a terrific weekend reading !!!
See ya!
Dana
Readaholics Anonymous

Jennifer said...

I just got Percy Jackson in from Netflix. Uh-oh. :)

Jennifer | Book Den

Unknown said...

I love the Pride and Prejudice adaptations (both mini-series and movie).
I haven't read Percy Jackson but I agree that the movie was awful. I have been avoiding the books because of it, but maybe I should give them a try...

here is my FF/BBH link: http://liedermadchen.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday-2-and-book-blogger-hop-2.html

Book Savvy Babe said...

Happy FF! What kind of e-reader do you have? I have a kindle and I love it! My follow friday post is over at my blog (i’m already a follower)
Book Savvy Babe

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I Love the P&P movie! Great choice.

Amy said...

Yeah i hated the Percy Jackson movie, the only part i could watch was the Steve Coogan bit.

Liking the blog.

Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

http://amysadumbrations.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...