Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday – Fateful

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. This week’s choice is:

Title: Fateful
Author: Claudia Gray
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
Publish Date: Sept. 13, 2011
Pages: 356 pages
Genre: Paranormal

Summary: It's about a servant girl named Tess in 1912, who wants to escape from the house where she works, and most particularly the lecherous young lord of the manor. But that's not her biggest problem. While on a voyage to America, where she plans to escape and start a new life, she meets Alec, who's ruggedly handsome, fabulously wealthy, intelligent and yet so clearly troubled that she'd rather not fall for him, but she does. That also is not her biggest problem. Alec, it turns out, is a werewolf ... one cursed to change every night, unless and until he surrenders his independence and joins the Brotherhood, a pack of violently misogynistic werewolves who have been tracking him for months. You'd think that would be their biggest problem, wouldn't you?

But no. Their biggest problem -- though they don't know it yet -- is that they're aboard the RMS Titanic.


I have yet to read Claudia Gray’s Evernight series but I fully intend to as I have heard good things about it. Fateful seems to have a lot going on (werewolves on the Titanic!) and that’s exactly why I want to read it. It just sounds so crazy and awesome!

What books are you waiting on?

12 comments:

Bookish Brunette said...

This looks AMAZING!!!
My Wow Post!

Lindsay said...

Ooooh! I hadn't heard of this one yet! Sounds GREAT!
I didn't do a WW post this week, but I have some new reviews up if you wanna check them out here. =)

Yani {AvidReader} said...

wow that sounds super intertesting, I love stories about the titanic, and with werewolves?? wow just wow

Carrie E Rundhaug said...

Wow this book sounds amazing!! I just added it to my TBR list!!

Carrie
www.just-one-more-chapter.com

Katie said...

YES! This book looks amazing! How can you resist werewolves on the Titanic?!

DJL said...

Werewolves on the Titanic? Sign me up! And I love the mysterious beauty of the cover, so very pretty. :)

Check out my WoW for this week. :)

Michelle Santiago said...

i haven't heard of this one series by claudia gray. i am eager to read her evernight series though. great pick--i'm adding it to my wishlist. :)

Our WoW.

happy reading,
Michelle

Kathy said...

I have seen this a couple of times today. It sounds awesome and I am adding it to my TBR pile. Awesome pick!

Naj said...

OoooooooH! I love the story!

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Haven't read anything by this author. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Jessica@a GREAT read

Nerissa said...

I haven't read the Evernight series either. But, this books sounds interesting. That cover is absolutely gorgeous. I'm definitely going to have to read this book.

Karis Jacobstein said...

I just added this to my TBR. Loks amazing. Great pick! Thanks for sharing.

http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/www-5-and-waiting-on-wednesday-may-17th.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...