Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, and specifically spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. This week’s choice is:

Title: The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker
Publisher: Marshall Cavendish
Publish Date: May 1, 2012
Genre: Dystopia
Goodreads Summary: Sherry and her family have lived sealed in a bunker in the garden since things went wrong up above. Her grandfather has been in the freezer for the last three months, her parents are at each other’s throats and two minutes ago they ran out of food.

Sherry and her father leave the safety of the bunker and find a devastated and empty LA, smashed to pieces by bombs and haunted by ‘Weepers’ - rabid humans infected with a weaponized rabies virus.

While searching for food in a supermarket, Sherry’s father disappears and Sherry is saved by Joshua, a boy-hunter. He takes her to Safe-haven, a tumble-down vineyard in the hills outside LA, where a handful of other survivors are picking up the pieces of their ‘other lives’. As she falls in love for the first time, Sherry must save her father, stay alive and keep Joshua safe when his desire for vengeance threatens them all.
I love the cover of The Other Life. There are a lot of current and upcoming dystopian novels that have glamorous models in high fashion dresses on the cover and while I like those covers, there is something so intriguing about the eerie cityscape that feels, well, dystopian. It just draws me in and makes the book a must read for me! The cover of The Other Life sets the mood and the summary is exciting too. I am really looking forward to this one. What books are you waiting on?

12 comments:

Pamela said...

This looks like a great book! And it's a debut author, which is awesome. I've added it to my TBR list! Thanks!

Feel free to check out what I'm waiting on here.

YA Book Queen said...

I agree too, I like the cover - unique covers are always a plus :)

Awesome WOW!

None said...

Thanks for this pick. Sounds amazing. Though I rarely read dystopia this one is going on my TBR list.

And I have to agree the book cover is intriguing.

Please have a look at my WoW @ my bookish obsessions.

Karen said...

Looks like a great dystopian! Looking forward to it coming out!

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

That really is a neat cover! I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds really interesting. I'm definitely going to have to add it to my ever growing list. :)

Cait said...

Omg this sounds amazing! Hadn't heard of it before so thanks =]

The Cait Files

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

I've been seeing this book around a lot, which only makes me want to read it more!! The cover is really cool and it sounds like an awesome book. Great pick!!

Here's my WoW!

Jenny Q said...

This sounds awesome and the cover is fantastic! Adding this to my wishlist!

LethalLovely said...

Oooh! The cover & blurb sound very interesting! Definitely adding to my TBR. Great pick.

Our WoW at Badass Book Reviews.

Karen L. said...

This one sounds awesome! I love the title art! Here's my WoW, if you want to check it out: http://booklightgraveyard.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-chain-reaction.html

Karis Jacobstein said...

I only just found out about this, but it looks great! Thanks for sharing!

My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

Also, check out my new meme, Before the Blog: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/before-blog-3-named-by-marianne-curley.html

Read.Breathe.Relax. said...

This sounds SO good! It's a really neat take on all the dystopian storylines out there! Thanks for sharing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...