Thursday, December 29, 2011

Challenges Completed!


I only signed up for two challenges in 2011, the Debut Author Challenge (DAC) and the Borrowed Book Challenge (BBC). With so many fabulous books by debut authors, the DAC was easy for me and I finished it months ago. The BBC should have been easy too since at the beginning of the year, I got most of my books from the library so reading and review 48 of them should not have been a problem.

What I did not anticipate, however, were programs like NetGalley and Simon and Shuster Galley Grab and I ended getting a lot of books from them instead of my library. Instead of this challenge being easy, I struggled to finish it and have learned a valuable lesson in the process: set my book challenge goals at realistic levels because I really hate to fail.

I still have several NetGalley books to review but after I get through them, I will be requesting less and borrowing more. My library system is awesome and I always want to support it. I’ll be posting more on bookish New Year’s resolution in a week or so, but this is my first one.

Interested in what books I read for my challenges? Here is a link to them. How did you do on your 2011 book challenges?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...