Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday – 1/19/11

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week’s choice is:
Title: Ripple
Author: Mandy Hubbard
Publisher: Razorbill/Penguin
Publish Date: July 21, 2011
Pages: 300
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Summary: Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. The water calls to her, draws her in, forces her to sing her deadly song to unsuspecting victims. If she succumbs, she kills. If she doesn’t, the pain is unbearable. To keep herself and those she cares about safe, she shuts herself off, refusing to make friends or fall in love—again. Because the last time she fell in love with a boy, he ended up dead.
Then Lexi meets Cole. Against her better judgment, she finds herself opening up again, falling in love when she knows she shouldn’t. But when she’s offered the chance to finally live a normal life, she learns that the price she must pay to be free of her curse is giving him up.

I did not realize that my earlier WoW pick was NOT a YA novel. Sorry about that guys! Ripple is a siren story with a beautiful cover. I have not read a lot of siren books so I am looking forward to this one.

6 comments:

La Toya said...

OMG first of all I might pass out because this cover is AMAZING. I'm gonna add this to my TBR immmmmmediately.

I'm your newest follower! Looking forward to your reviews and things :)

xo,
Lah

Anonymous said...

oh wow! This sounds fabulous! Definitely going to be adding this to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing this!

My WOW

BLHmistress said...

This sounds like my type of book , gonna add it to my list.

My WOW

Lark Andrea said...

This book sounds awesome. It is totally going on the TBR list.

Reading Lark's WOW

danya said...

I like the idea that she's cursed with being a siren...brings an even darker aspect to it!

Alison Can Read said...

Cool! I've heard great things about Mandy Hubbard and would like to read her books.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...