Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Assassin’s Curse

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. This week’s choice is:

Publisher: Strange Chemistry
Publish Date: Oct. 2, 2012
Genre: Fantasy
Goodreads Summary: Ananna of the Tanarau is the eldest daughter of a highly-ranked family in the loose assortment of cutthroats and thieves in the Pirate's Confederation. When she runs away from the marriage her parents have arranged for her, they hire Naji the assassin to murder her.

When a mysterious woman in a dress shop offers her magical assistance for dealing with the assassin, Ananna accepts. She never went in much for magic herself -- she lacks the talent for it -- but she's not quite ready to die yet, either. Unfortunately, the woman's magic fails.

Fortunately, Ananna inadvertently saves the assassin's life in the skirmish, thus activating a curse that had been placed on him a few years earlier. Now, whenever her life is in danger, he must protect her -- or else he experiences tremendous physical pain. Neither Ananna nor the assassin, Naji, are pleased about this development.

Follow Annana and Naji as they sail across the globe, visiting such mysterious places as the Court of Salt and Waves, in their desperate effort to lift the curse. Soon they will discover that only by completing three impossible tasks will they be able to set themselves free.
Why am I waiting on The Assassin’s Curse? I know I’m not supposed to judge a book by its cover but seriously guys, the artwork on this cover is gorgeous! Plus, it sounds really, really good and like the kind of high fantasy book that I love. What books are you waiting on?

7 comments:

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I think the cover for this is so beautiful (and I love the font). Can't wait to find out more about this and to give it a try!

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

This sounds like a great adventure! And I also love the cover! :)
My W.O.W.

Katie said...

Totally with you on this one!!! And I think this might be my favorite cover of 2012. I adore illustrated covers!!!

Jamie Mariano said...

I've been obsessed with anything fantasy lately, and this one sounds riveting! And I agree - the cover looks awesome! Great pick :)

Here's my WoW

Aneeqah said...

I haven't heard of this book before I saw your post, and that kind of surprises me! The synopsis sounds really interesting, and the cover is so pretty, I definitely agree with you about that one! And don't worry, I totally judge books by their covers. ;) Great pick!!

-Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

roro said...

new book/ unknown book/ my litle eye spies someting cool

exited
tnx 4sharing

Anonymous said...

This sounds so intriguing, and I'm with you on the cover, gorgeous. I would pick it up in a store just for that cover!
Thanks for sharing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...